Follow Jesus In His Steps (21):
The Parables Said by Jesus (6) - The Parable of the Workers in the Vineyard
Scriptures: Matthew 20:1-16
b) 23 無論做甚麼，都要從心裏做，像是給主做的，不是給人做的， 24 因你們知道從主那裏必得著基業為賞賜；你們所事奉的乃是主基督。 25 那行不義的必受不義的報應；主並不偏待人。(西3:23-25)
a) Do all things without complaining and disputing. (Philippians 2:14)
b) And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you serve the Lord Christ. But he who does wrong will be repaid for what he has done, and there is no partiality. (Colossians 3:23-25)
A. The Lord is always calling man to live a meaningful and valuable life
- From the dawn to the eleventh hour, the Lord has been calling man - “Go into His vineyard”
“Why have you been standing here idle all day?” (V6b)
B. e faithfully to God-given opportunities and commissions
● The Lord’s reward is not based on the duration of our labor, the greatness of our gifts or the nature of our work, but our faithfulness to the opportunities and commissions that He gives us
● The greatest value of serving diligently does not lie in what we can gain, but what we can offer and what we can become
- “So the last will be first, and the first last. “(V16)
(“For many are called, but few are chosen.” - Matthew 22:14)
● The true meaning and value of serving diligently will be completely lost if we displease the Lord because of envy and complaints.
C Be content with what the Lord rewards
a. 不要與人比較 (Compare, Compete, Complain)
a. Do not compare with others (Compare, Compete, Complain)
11 他們得了，就埋怨家主說： 12 『我們整天勞苦受熱，那後來的只做了一小時，你竟叫他們和我們一樣嗎？』 13 家主回答其中的一人說：『朋友，我不虧負你，你與我講定的不是一錢銀子嗎？ 14 拿你的走吧！我給那後來的和給你一樣，這是我願意的。 15 我的東西難道不可隨我的意思用嗎？因為我作好人，你就紅了眼嗎？』
And when they had received it, they complained against the landowner, saying, ‘These last men have worked only one hour, and you made them equal to us who have borne the burden and the heat of the day.’ But he answered one of them and said, ‘Friend, I am doing you no wrong. Did you not agree with me for a denarius? Take what is yours and go your way. I wish to give to this last man the same as to you. Is it not lawful for me to do what I wish with my own things? Or is your eye evil because I am good?’
b. Learn to be thankful
1. Spend some time to reflect: How much of that I have done today, this week or these several years, is deemed meaningful and valuable in God’s eyes?
2. 如何在我服事的崗位上、家庭中、小組中、或工作場合抓住 神給的機會、忠於 神給的托付？
2. How can I seize the opportunities in my service, family, small group or workplace and to be faithful to God-given commissions?
3. Have you ever suffered loss due to “comparing with others”? What can help us to be thankful?